Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 12

Day 12—Off to Vermont Teddy Bear and the anticipation was great.

Mrs. Childress was just so happy and so was I . The bible was huge and I had figured it was about 100 years old. When I opened the cover it had myGreat Grandfathers name plate in it in gold leaf. I just cried. What a treasure. She was so happy also. We also got the bag with the letters and pictures. She thinks there still may be other pictures there. She is going to look and mail them to me. She said they are your families items not mine. I just could not bear to discard them. What are the chances of something like this happening in a life time. She had saved these for over 40 years, hoping that someone would come. Tears and hugs and off we went to continue our trip.

Of course, Judy could not help but buy something at the store.

We took the scenic route across Vermont and New Hampshire. Soooo pretty. We ended up in Portland , Maine. We arranged to meet Ambers’ family the next day.

No comments: